Help! After new download, I now only have 3 worlds???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help! After new download, I now only have 3 worlds??? Empty Help! After new download, I now only have 3 worlds???

Post by wiseiam on Sun 02 Feb 2020, 17:45

Okay, so I know this is probably a user error but I have to know a fix for this. I am seriously going thru some serious TS4 withdrawals - I haven't played a decent game in over a week (dealing with updating mods and such (such a pain)).....

Soooo... I deleted the entire TS4 game as I was having problems with my cc/mods and I thought, hmmm, I'll just start fresh.... I kept the folders: mods, tray, and saves. I ran CCleaner to make sure all registries were good... I restarted the laptop...

I got 3 files from the new post to include Global packs:

Help! After new download, I now only have 3 worlds??? What-i-downloaded

I followed the directions but was confused about the red/white with the DLC toggler:

Help! After new download, I now only have 3 worlds??? Dlc-toggle

This is what the folder looks like after installation: 

Help! After new download, I now only have 3 worlds??? After-install

I then moved the mods, tray, and saves folder back into the appropriate folder...

By now, I'm so excited! I go grab my popcorn and iced tea, sit down and load the game and this is what I get:

Help! After new download, I now only have 3 worlds??? Game-data

Help! After new download, I now only have 3 worlds??? Game-data-1

Oooookaayyyyy.... What did I do? I asked myself... So I proceeded to remove the mods, tray, and saves folder and restarted the game again....

I still only get 3 worlds...

Help! After new download, I now only have 3 worlds??? 3-worlds

AND and I have alllll the packs installed:

Help! After new download, I now only have 3 worlds??? All-packs-included

What did I do wrong????  Please help!!!!
wiseiam
wiseiam
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 1 & 4 (on PC), Hotel Empire Tycoon, Clockmaker, Idle Miner, Virtual Families, Board Kings, & Happy Color (on tablet/phone)

Female

Back to top Go down

Help! After new download, I now only have 3 worlds??? Empty Re: Help! After new download, I now only have 3 worlds???

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 02 Feb 2020, 21:24

Red entries on the DLC toggler mean, that you do not have DLCs installed. Grab some DLCs, either through the individual direct download links or that complete folder that has all the DLCs. Make sure to tick all of the red entries off, and when you install DLCs later on, tick the WHITE entries, ON.

Keep in mind that Basegame [FIXED] + Global Patch (pr Legacy Patch) = basically just an updated basegame with no DLCs. And the basegame itself only has 3 worlds. The other worlds are added in Gamepacks (GP) and Expansion Packs (EP).

So grab these DLC, and go.

Oh, and the reason you get the "game data incomplete" is because you probably had an earlier version of the game installed, with at least some of the DLCs. Now the game is loading your savefile thinking the DLCs are still there, but the game doesn't know you are starting over.

I would definitely watch the video guide too, later on I will try and embed the video so people can also watch it within the post, and not have to download it separately. Smile

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW ETERNAL Gatekeeper
Inspector General & Chief of Staff
G4TW ETERNAL Gatekeeper Inspector General & Chief of Staff

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI.

Male

Back to top Go down

Help! After new download, I now only have 3 worlds??? Empty Re: Help! After new download, I now only have 3 worlds???

Post by wiseiam on Sun 02 Feb 2020, 21:30

Seeeee? I told you it was a user error... smh...

I totally thought that the global pack had all DLCs to date... Okay, off I go...

Many thanks again. You are outstandingly magnificent!!!
wiseiam
wiseiam
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 1 & 4 (on PC), Hotel Empire Tycoon, Clockmaker, Idle Miner, Virtual Families, Board Kings, & Happy Color (on tablet/phone)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 02 Feb 2020, 21:32

@wiseiam wrote:Seeeee? I told you it was a user error... smh...

I totally thought that the global pack had all DLCs to date... Okay, off I go...

The "Global Patch" is basically like the "Update-Only Ultimate Fix" that we used to have on here many years ago. It brings your basegame to the latest available patch version, in one stroke. So you then only have to piece together your individual collection of DLCs, and use the DLC-toggler to properly activate them.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW ETERNAL Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wiseiam on Sun 02 Feb 2020, 21:35

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@wiseiam wrote:Seeeee? I told you it was a user error... smh...

The "Global Patch" is basically like the "Update-Only Ultimate Fix" that we used to have on here many years ago. It brings your basegame to the latest available patch version, in one stroke. So you then only have to piece together your individual collection of DLCs, and use the DLC-toggler to properly activate them.

Gotcha! I'm totally in it now...
wiseiam
wiseiam
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 02 Feb 2020, 21:40

Also, your downloads still have the WinRAR icon.

I think it should work with WinRAR as well, but I would recommend using 7-zip for actually unpacking these files. You can grab the program for free:
https://www.7-zip.org/

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW ETERNAL Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wiseiam on Sun 02 Feb 2020, 23:27

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:Also, your downloads still have the WinRAR icon.

I think it should work with WinRAR as well, but I would recommend using 7-zip for actually unpacking these files. You can grab the program for free:
https://www.7-zip.org/

ummmm, yea.... I really don't like 7-zip. I LOVE WinRaR. So that's what I'm using.... I haven't had a problem with it at all but if I do, I'll switch to 7-zip...

Thanks for the heads up!

ps... qBittorrent is taking 6 days for the DLC pack? Is that normal with the problems that you have with your internet? Not really a problem but was wondering.... I got the shakes, I haven't played my game in forever and Harmony is supposed to receive her University Scholarships sometime soon.... Smile
wiseiam
wiseiam
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 02 Feb 2020, 23:31

@wiseiam wrote:ummmm, yea.... I really don't like 7-zip. I LOVE WinRaR. So that's what I'm using.... I haven't had a problem with it at all but if I do, I'll switch to 7-zip...

Thanks for the heads up!

ps... qBittorrent is taking 6 days for the DLC pack? Is that normal with the problems that you have with your internet? Not really a problem but was wondering.... I got the shakes, I haven't played my game in forever and Harmony is supposed to receive her University Scholarships sometime soon.... Smile

Yes, the DLC torrent folder is difficult to seed. I was trying to organize some other seeds (my internet is still not back to what it was), so it will take another while I'm afraid.

P.S. Before you applied the Global Patch, did you delete the "Game"-subfolder inside the basegame? If not, delete it NOW, and re-extract the "Game"-subfolder from the .7z archive of the Global Patch download. Then re-insert that fresh "Game"-subfolder inside your TS4 installation.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW ETERNAL Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wiseiam on Sun 02 Feb 2020, 23:48

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@wiseiam wrote:ummmm, yea.... I really don't like 7-zip. I LOVE WinRaR. So that's what I'm using.... I haven't had a problem with it at all but if I do, I'll switch to 7-zip...

Thanks for the heads up!

Yes, the DLC torrent folder is difficult to seed. I was trying to organize some other seeds (my internet is still not back to what it was), so it will take another while I'm afraid.

P.S. Before you applied the Global Patch, did you delete the "Game"-subfolder inside the basegame? If not, delete it NOW, and re-extract the "Game"-subfolder from the .7z archive of the Global Patch download. Then re-insert that fresh "Game"-subfolder inside your TS4 installation.

Yes, I followed the directions to a "T". I deleted it then did the Global, now I'm just waiting for the DLC packs... btw, can I use the packs from previous downloads? Are they compatible or do I need to finish waiting for these to download?

Help! After new download, I now only have 3 worlds??? TS4-games
wiseiam
wiseiam
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 02 Feb 2020, 23:55

@wiseiam wrote:Yes, I followed the directions to a "T". I deleted it then did the Global, now I'm just waiting for the DLC packs... btw, can I use the packs from previous downloads? Are they compatible or do I need to finish waiting for these to download?

(...)

Theoretically you could extract one (1) specific folder from each of the old DLCs. So like the "EP04" folder from Cats & Dogs. Or the "GP06" folder from Jungle Adventures.

But if you go that route, make sure to re-copy and re-paste the Global Patch again, and of course replace existing files when prompted. Because the thing is, the language strings included in the older downloads are, well, old. But yes, theoretically you can do it that way too.

I'd also like to emphasize we have direct downloads on all DLCs, in the new format, as well. Yes, I know it's more unpleasant to go through the ads. But if we post everything conveniently in one single folder, it would get taken down in no time. Because it would need just one strike to take down the entire DLC collection. But having everything behind an individual link, we expect the links to hold out longer. Not indefinitely, but longer at least.

Carlos is tha man

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW ETERNAL Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wiseiam on Mon 03 Feb 2020, 00:03

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@wiseiam wrote:Yes, I followed the directions to a "T". I deleted it then did the Global, now I'm just waiting for the DLC packs... btw, can I use the packs from previous downloads? Are they compatible or do I need to finish waiting for these to download?

(...)

Theoretically you could extract one (1) specific folder from each of the old DLCs. So like the "EP04" folder from Cats & Dogs. Or the "GP06" folder from Jungle Adventures.

But if you go that route, make sure to re-copy and re-paste the Global Patch again, and of course replace existing files when prompted. Because the thing is, the language strings included in the older downloads are, well, old. But yes, theoretically you can do it that way too.

I'd also like to emphasize we have direct downloads on all DLCs, in the new format, as well. Yes, I know it's more unpleasant to go through the ads. But if we post everything conveniently in one single folder, it would get taken down in no time. Because it would need just one strike to take down the entire DLC collection. But having everything behind an individual link, we expect the links to hold out longer. Not indefinitely, but longer at least.

Carlos is tha man

Oh my! That sounds so confusing maybe I should just wait??? But in case I can't (even tho it's at 11%) let me be clear:

I cannot take a folder (in game pack order of course, like usual) and copy and paste all files? I wouldn't know which folder to bring over to The Sims 4 folder... 

If I can copy and paste the entire folder, I would go in game pack order, copy and paste, then global, then the next game pack folder, then global and so on? or just the Global after Tiny Living?
wiseiam
wiseiam
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 03 Feb 2020, 00:07

@wiseiam wrote:Oh my! That sounds so confusing maybe I should just wait??? But in case I can't (even tho it's at 11%) let me be clear:

I cannot take a folder (in game pack order of course, like usual) and copy and paste all files? I wouldn't know which folder to bring over to The Sims 4 folder... 

If I can copy and paste the entire folder, I would go in game pack order, copy and paste, then global, then the next game pack folder, then global and so on? or just the Global after Tiny Living?

No, No, No, don't ever mix the old G4TW (Sims 4) downloads into the new format, that way. If you don't feel confident enough, then wait out the torrent download, and as painful as it might be. You need to take into account the old downloads have DLC files PLUS old patches/language strings/cracks included.

It's just not going to work the way that you suggested it.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW ETERNAL Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wiseiam on Mon 03 Feb 2020, 00:12

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@wiseiam wrote:Oh my! That sounds so confusing maybe I should just wait??? But in case I can't (even tho it's at 11%) let me be clear:

No, No, No, don't ever mix the old G4TW (Sims 4) downloads into the new format, that way. If you don't feel confident enough, then wait out the torrent download, and as painful as it might be. You need to take into account the old downloads have DLC files PLUS old patches/language strings/cracks included.

It's just not going to work the way that you suggested it.

Wow! Alright! I will wait. I do NOT need to mess up my game more than usual. hehehe... 

Thanks again for your time.... I really really appreciate it and also for all that you do and sacrifice for this forum... You are much loved... Take care!
wiseiam
wiseiam
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 03 Feb 2020, 00:15

@wiseiam wrote:Wow! Alright! I will wait. I do NOT need to mess up my game more than usual. hehehe... 

Thanks again for your time.... I really really appreciate it and also for all that you do and sacrifice for this forum... You are much loved... Take care!

No worries, that's what we do on here. Smile

Good luck, and feel free to post back in this thread, should anything else come up later!

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW ETERNAL Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wiseiam on Fri 07 Feb 2020, 02:27

UPDATE: Okay, so I waited(very patiently I might add) and I followed the directions exactly. Everything worked perfectly! Thank you soooooo much again...

On a side note (The gh0stm4n), I lost my family and had to bulldoze most of my homes due to broken mods/cc. Do you remember that glow around my girls neck?

Help! After new download, I now only have 3 worlds??? Sim-glow-around-neck  Help! After new download, I now only have 3 worlds??? Sim-glow-around-neck-2  Help! After new download, I now only have 3 worlds??? Sim-glow-around-neck-3  Help! After new download, I now only have 3 worlds??? Sim-glow-around-neck-5

Yea, well it's back... So I just started over....

Actually, I'm waiting for the 1.61 update to finish downloading. I only install the Global right? No need to do the DLC's again correct?
wiseiam
wiseiam
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 07 Feb 2020, 02:30

@wiseiam wrote:Actually, I'm waiting for the 1.61 update to finish downloading. I only install the Global right? No need to do the DLC's again correct?

Exactly. Re-apply the latest "Global Patch", then also (!) re-use the dlc-toggler to re-activate your installed DLCs. Smile

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW ETERNAL Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wiseiam on Fri 07 Feb 2020, 02:34

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@wiseiam wrote:Actually, I'm waiting for the 1.61 update to finish downloading. I only install the Global right? No need to do the DLC's again correct?

Exactly. Re-apply the latest "Global Patch", then also (!) re-use the dlc-toggler to re-activate your installed DLCs. Smile
Gotcha! I totally forgot about the toggler thingy... Thanks!   I tip my fedora.
wiseiam
wiseiam
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 07 Feb 2020, 02:42

@wiseiam wrote:

Yes, I admit it's kind of an arbitrary decision.

Had I left the codex.cfg un-touched, we would have gotten tons of messages along the lines of "I get an error message that says Pack download in progress". Because if the codex.cfg files shows that a DLC is there, but the files aren't, then you get that error.

So I always pre-modify the codex.cfg (with the dlc-toggler) in the Global Patch, which provides for a cleaner result. But then people 'only' have to re-toggle their DLC every time a new patch comes out.

elephant

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW ETERNAL Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wiseiam on Fri 07 Feb 2020, 10:48

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@wiseiam wrote:

Yes, I admit it's kind of an arbitrary decision.

Had I left the codex.cfg un-touched, we would have gotten tons of messages along the lines of "I get an error message that says Pack download in progress". Because if the codex.cfg files shows that a DLC is there, but the files aren't, then you get that error.

So I always pre-modify the codex.cfg (with the dlc-toggler) in the Global Patch, which provides for a cleaner result. But then people 'only' have to re-toggle their DLC every time a new patch comes out.

elephant
Awesomesauce! Although you just talked alien talk to me I do appreciate everything you all do! Many thanks again!  Very Happy  Especially for trying to make things easier for us...
wiseiam
wiseiam
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by VoID2812 on Fri 07 Feb 2020, 15:24

I have this problem as well. I installed the patch first then the DLC. Was I supposed to do it the other way around? It's like the installation deleted all previous DLCs! I had all of them, now they're gone!  Why God.
VoID2812
VoID2812
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4, Grand Theft Auto 5, Fallout 4, Skyrim, South Park: The Fractured But Whole, Watch Dogs 2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wiseiam on Fri 07 Feb 2020, 18:25

@VoID2812 wrote:I have this problem as well. I installed the patch first then the DLC. Was I supposed to do it the other way around? It's like the installation deleted all previous DLCs! I had all of them, now they're gone!  Why God.
Did you do the dlc toggle thingy? Got to make  sure they're all checked off...
wiseiam
wiseiam
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 07 Feb 2020, 22:29

@VoID2812 wrote:I have this problem as well. I installed the patch first then the DLC. Was I supposed to do it the other way around? It's like the installation deleted all previous DLCs! I had all of them, now they're gone!  Why God.

Like @wiseiam hinted at, you have to actively use the dlc-toggler.exe. This is also mentioned in the .pdf installation guide, linked here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35810-the-sims-4-global-patch-selectable-dlcs-version-1-61-15-1020-tiny-living-stuff

It's an arbitrary design decision, I admit. But if I had left the codex.cfg untouched, people would complain that they get the error "Pack download in Progress". In the end, it doesn't really matter I guess. 

So again, whenever a new version of the Global Patch is released, please re-use the dlc-toggler.exe to mark the white DLC entries ON, and the red DLC entries OFF. And you'll be fine. Smile  Compared to the old format of G4TW repacks, the "slight inconvenience" of having to re-toggle the DLC on/off is in my books a good tradeoff.

P.S. when a new DLC is released, I suppose there will also be a new dlc-toggler.exe. But this is not the case at the moment. You can always find the latest available dlc-toggler.exe (and other stuff), in the topic I linked above.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW ETERNAL Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum