Keep your game up to date without installing all the packs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Keep your game up to date without installing all the packs? Empty Keep your game up to date without installing all the packs?

Post by Fursims on Mon 10 Feb 2020, 21:29

I know with thes downloads here, it was never possible to install them in the wrong order of release dates, is this still a thing?
I mean, can I install Tiny living + the latest update now and then Discover University a few months later?
Or in the least, just the latest update, then Discover university and Tiny living a little later on?

The problem is that I need my game to be up to date to place certain gallery houses, but I don't want to install University in my game, cause first I need all my rotational households to age from toddler to YA and I don't want the university students to grow old meanwhile. I want to experience the Uni world and its cititizens from a fresh start on the day I start playing in it with my sims.

Is there a way? I am stuck at the moment..

Fursims
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Back to top Go down

Keep your game up to date without installing all the packs? Empty Re: Keep your game up to date without installing all the packs?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 10 Feb 2020, 21:40

@Fursims wrote:I know with thes downloads here, it was never possible to install them in the wrong order of release dates, is this still a thing?
I mean, can I install Tiny living + the latest update now and then Discover University a few months later?
Or in the least, just the latest update, then Discover university and Tiny living a little later on?

The problem is that I need my game to be up to date to place certain gallery houses, but I don't want to install University in my game, cause first I need all my rotational households to age from toddler to YA and I don't want the university students to grow old meanwhile. I want to experience the Uni world and its cititizens from a fresh start on the day I start playing in it with my sims.

Is there a way? I am stuck at the moment..

Hello @Fursims,

Not too long ago, we released a 'new' format for The Sims 4 repacks, that will be exactly what you are looking for!
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35810-the-sims-4-global-patch-selectable-dlcs-version-1-61-15-1020-tiny-living-stuff

So grab the latest version of the "Global Patch", AND also grab anadius's dlc-toggler. Just install the Global Patch normally as if you do any other G4TW update. Then you place the dlc-toggler.exe and dlc.ini, inside the same folder where your __Installer, Data, Delta, Game, Support, etc folders are located.

Run the dlc-toggler.exe, and tick the white DLC entries ON. The red entries (those DLC you don't have installed), must be ticked off. Then just close the little program, and you're done!

That way you only have to do one (1) step, to get your game up-to-date. And installing the actual DLCs becomes optional. Hope this helps, good luck!

Red star from Carlos

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW ETERNAL Gatekeeper
Inspector General & Chief of Staff
G4TW ETERNAL Gatekeeper Inspector General & Chief of Staff

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI.

Male

Back to top Go down

Keep your game up to date without installing all the packs? Empty Re: Keep your game up to date without installing all the packs?

Post by Fursims on Tue 11 Feb 2020, 00:22

Oh, this sounds good  Smile
Thanks for this great update an fast response! 
I will need to check into it this week and see if i understand correctly how everything works.
If i have questions or need help, i will write here again.

Fursims
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 11 Feb 2020, 00:33

@Fursims wrote:Oh, this sounds good  Smile
Thanks for this great update an fast response! 
I will need to check into it this week and see if i understand correctly how everything works.
If i have questions or need help, i will write here again.

Please do. Carlos is tha man

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW ETERNAL Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fursims on Wed 12 Feb 2020, 21:09

I have successfully updated my game now. Thanks for the clear explanation Smile
Now, when I want to install Uni or Tiny living, how does that work? Should I just download them and install as usual and then tick on the boxes for those packs in the dlc-toggler.exe file?

Fursims
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by njlinthecode on Thu 13 Feb 2020, 14:32

Hey @Fursims

I think it wasn't too clear in the earlier reply: you should still download / install in the order recommended, but the dlc toggler would allow you choice in which content is "enabled".

So, download all, and un-tick what you don't want. I think the order is important.

I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but you might have to "reinstall" the update, from where you were at the start of all this. 

Someone pls confirm.

njlinthecode
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : S4

Back to top Go down

Post by bbongers on Thu 13 Feb 2020, 16:49

The correct procedure in this case is to download and install the latest update.
execute  the DLC download en select any or all DLC's you require.
Only copy the folder f.e. SP16 (for Tiny Living) or whatever DLC's you have chosen to the main directory of your installation-folder of the Sims 4.
Then activate these added DLC's with the dlc-toggler.

bbongers
BUSTED!
BUSTED!

Favourite games : The Sims

Back to top Go down

Post by Fursims on Fri 14 Feb 2020, 19:40

Ok, I am totally confused now. Rolling Eyes

I think it's best if @The_gh0stm4n can explain / confirm further.

I have done as I was told in his first comment and I did not download/install Tiny Living and University in my game. Was that wrong? Do I need to do so? My game works as for now.
What to do when I want to have Tiny living and Uni installed eventually?

My game right now has all the packs up until Realm of Magic, the latest global Patch and my game version is 1.61.15.1020

Fursims
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 15 Feb 2020, 06:25

@Fursims wrote:Ok, I am totally confused now. Rolling Eyes

I think it's best if @The_gh0stm4n can explain / confirm further.

I have done as I was told in his first comment and I did not download/install Tiny Living and University in my game. Was that wrong? Do I need to do so? My game works as for now.
What to do when I want to have Tiny living and Uni installed eventually?

My game right now has all the packs up until Realm of Magic, the latest global Patch and my game version is 1.61.15.1020

Sorry for the belated reply,

I'm still tired, and just came back from a few weeks of internet problems. The new format consists of 3 "component groups".

Base game = the vanilla basegame of TS4 from late 2014, when it was released.

Global Patch = updates your basegame of TS4, to the latest available version. You can apply this Global Patch on any TS4 game, no matter the patch version, and no matter where you downloaded it from. Just delete your "Game"-subfolder, before applying the Global Patch, and you'll be fine.

DLC files (+ anadius's DLC toggler) = the DLC files are basically folders like EP01, EP02, GP01, FP01, SP01, etc. You simply put these DLC folders, inside your TS4 installation folder (after having installed the Global Patch). Then put the DLC-toggler files also inside your TS4 installation folder, and use the DLC-toggler to tick ON the white entries, and tick OFF the red entries. Extra tip: the DLC folders that you add to your TS4, if you did it correctly, will show up as white entries in the DLC-toggler. 

If you go back to the thread, there is a torrent-folder with all DLCs in it, plus direct download links for each DLC. If you use the torrent, then just pick University and Tiny Living, from the torrent preview, when you load up the magnet. Otherwise use the 2 separate direct download links for University/Tiny Living.

Before you ask: we decided to create direct download links for every single individual DLC (as opposed to creating a "convenient" folder), because we expect that the links will not get taken down as easily that way.

That should do, hopefully. Carlos is tha man

P.S. because you hinted at it, don't "mix and match" old format and new format downloads, unless you know what you're doing. It is simply not needed anyways. Just follow the instructions on the page about the new format, and you'll be OK.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW ETERNAL Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum